Get more variety with your WIC foods!
Starting at your first WIC appointment , your food package will include foods from this list. For specific information on the types and amounts in your food package, select your client category from the menu on the left.
- Iron-fortified and low in sugar
WHOLE GRAIN OPTIONS
- Bread (whole-wheat or whole-grain) or tortillas (corn or whole-wheat) or brown rice or oatmeal
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Cash value benefits for fruits and vegetables
- Vitamin C-rich 100% juice
- Fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk for women and children age 2 and older
- Whole milk for children 12 to 24 months
- Soymilk and tofu substitutions available upon request *
- Dried or canned beans, split peas or lentils and/or peanut butter
- Canned tuna and/or salmon for exclusively breastfeeding mothers
- Baby fruits and vegetables
- Baby meats
- Baby cereal
- Infant formula
WIC does not provide you with all of your infant’s formula needs. Protect your breastmilk supply by breastfeeding your baby whenever you are together. You and your baby will continue to receive health benefits from breastfeeding, and you may not have to buy formula.
* Soy milk and tofu are available.
- Are low in fat and high in fiber
- Provide nutritional variety
- Help promote a healthy weight